"Peter Sprague - the award winning, highly acclaimed, world-renowned and, yes local jazz musician - recently finished one of his most moving and touching recordings to date - Nikki's Rose
I took poems written by a creative seventeen year old girl and made them into songs set in the Brazilian jazz music style. This recording features some brilliant vocalists and musicians including Kevyn Lettau, Amber Whitlock, Nando Lauria, Maureen Fleming, Tony Lasley, Dani Carroll, Steve Kujala, Rob Whitlock, Kevin Hennessy, Duncan Moore, Tom Aros, Tripp Sprague, Steve Dillard, and Mary Lindbloom. Recorded at SpragueLand over a three year period, this just happens to be my current favorite.
- lead vocals on "The Rose", "Butterfly", "Rick", and "Love". Background vocals on "The Rose", "Believe in Me", "Universal Love", "Only Love Will Keep Us Alive", "Butterfly", "Rick", and "Love".
- lead and background vocals on "Believe In Me" and "Only Love Will Keep Us Alive".
- lead and background vocals on "Reflections In Water".
- lead and background vocals on "Universal Love".
- lead and background vocals on " Just As I Have Accepted You", "The Dark and The Light", and "Grasshopper".
- lead and background vocals on "Caro Mio Ben".
- lead vocal on the beginning and end sections of "Caro Mio Ben".
- guitars and synthesizers
- flute on "The Rose" , tenor sax on "Universal Love" and "Only Love Will Keep Us Alive".
- trumpet on "Universal Love" and "Only Love Will Keep Us Alive".
- flute on "Believe In Me".
- cello on "Just As I Accepted You".
All songs composed by
Peter Sprague (music and lyrics) and Nicole Penrod (lyrics)
© 2001 (Satyam Music / BMI)
except "Caro Mio Ben" by Tommaso Giordani
Arranged by Peter Sprague (Satyam Music / BMI)
Produced by Peter Sprague and Chris Penrod
Recorded at SpragueLand Studios, Encinitas, CA / 1999-2001
Recorded and Mixed by Peter Sprague
Mastered by S. John Archer at Acoustic Arts, Fallbrook, CA
|Believe In Me
|Reflections in Water
|Just As I Have Accepted You
|Only Love Will Keep Us Alive
|The Dark and the Light
|Caro Mio Ben